Contact us via email at [email protected] or fill in the form below.
Alternatively contact us via phone or WhatApp on + 420 777 589 209.
Our Address is:
Bedford, Eastern Cape,
We are looking forward to welcoming you to South Africa!
Contact us for references from previous clients
Why Nick Bowker Hunting?
Nick Bowker, your outfitter, and guide will be with you every waking minute of the day. He has 25 years of experience guiding and outfitting and has been very successful with first-time African hunters. Nick conducts free-range hunting in a low fenced environment with over 30 species.
Your first day
You will fly into Johannesburg and catch a connecting flight to Port Elizabeth, where Nick will meet you. A two-hour drive to Olivefountain lodge, where you will spend the rest of the hunting safari. On arrival at the lodge, we have a light lunch, and rifles will be checked for zero. Later in the afternoon, we will set off for the first hunting excursion.
A typical days hunting
- Up at dawn for a cup of coffee and a snack.
- Set off to our hunting area for the targeted species.
- All hunting areas are with in half an hours drive.
- Generally, we will target the brush dwelling animals such as the spiral horns in the very early mornings and late evenings when they come out to graze.
- We would target Plains Game animals during the day as they are easier to find.
- Many hours are spent glassing animals before mounting a stalk on a selected quarry, so a high-quality pair of binoculars is a must.
- Typically, we find an elevated position and glass the surrounding valleys in search of a Trophy.
- We would then set up a plan and begin our stalk.
- Alternatively, we may try and set up an ambush.
- Generally, return for a big brunch around 11h30.
- Sometimes we will take packed lunch and are gone for the whole day.
- Out again in the afternoon hunting.
- We have dinner around a fire, discussing the days hunting and making plans for the next day.