How to Contact Us and Book Your Hunting Safari
Contact us via email or using the automated form below. We answer within 24 hours. Our response is likely in your spam folder if you have not received an answer.
We do not require a deposit. Payment is at the end of the hunt, typically via card. We accept all major cards.
Table of Contents
We agree to dates via email. Booking is immediate. We need to confirm airline reservations approximately eight months in advance to roll the booking forward.
If your booking is less than eight months in advance. We require confirmed airline reservations in the next two to three weeks to roll the booking forward.
Our package hunts are eight days excluding arrival and departure date. Bookings are in three blocks during any one month. Bookings typically but not always run from 1 – 10, 11 – 20, and 21 – 30 of the month, including arrival and departure.
Connecting flight from Johannesburg to Port Elizabeth
As far as possible, please use the Airlink connecting flight to and from Johannesburg. Take the 10.30 am Airlink connecting flight from Johannesburg, arriving in Port Elizabeth at noon, and the same connecting flight for your homeward journey.
See our package hunts and prices, or contact us for a tailored hunting safari.
See our guide for planning and preparing for your first African Hunting Safari.
Contact us via email at [email protected] or fill in the form below.
If you would like, you can contact us via phone or WhatsApp on + 420 777 589 209 or +27 72 939 7902
Contact us via Email or using the Booking Form
Registered Physical Address
Hopewell Lodge Olivefountain Ranch Bedford 5780 Eastern Cape South Africa
Registered Postal Address
Nick Bowker Hunting (Pty) Ltd 24 Hope street Bedford 5780 Eastern Cape South Africa
We are looking forward to welcoming you to South Africa!
Contact us for references from previous clients.
Why Nick Bowker Hunting?
Nick Bowker, your outfitter, and guide will be with you every waking minute of the day.
Nick conducts free-range hunting in a low-fenced environment with over 30 species. He has 25 years of experience guiding and outfitting and has been very successful with first-time African hunters.
Your first day
On arrival at the lodge, we have a light lunch, and rifles will be checked for zero. Later in the afternoon, we will set off for the first hunting excursion.
A typical days hunting
- Up at dawn for a cup of coffee and a snack.
- Set off to our hunting area for the targeted species.
- All hunting areas are within half an hour’s drive.
- Generally, we will target the brush-dwelling animals such as the spiral horns in the very early mornings and late evenings when they come out to graze.
- We would target Plains Game animals during the day as they are easier to find.
- Many hours are spent glassing animals before mounting a stalk on a selected quarry, so a high-quality pair of binoculars is a must.
- Typically, we find an elevated position and glass the surrounding valleys in search of a Trophy.
- We would then set up a plan and begin our stalk.
- Alternatively, we may try and set up an ambush.
- Generally, return for a big brunch around 11h30.
- Sometimes we will take packed lunch and be gone for the whole day.
- Out again in the afternoon hunting.
- We have dinner around a fire, discussing the days hunting and making plans for the next day.